- Food and Cooking»
- Beverage Recipes
Bacardi Mojito Recipe (Rum)
Bacardi Mojito Recipe
I Love a Bacardi Mojito!
I am a huge fan of a cocktail called the mojito. It's a unique and tasty cocktail for a hot, summer night. I have made this cocktail a few times now and I have experimented with different types of rum, but I have found that my favorite rum to make a mojito with is Bacardi Superior. It's a white rum that has a light and smooth flavor and best of all it's affordable. It is essentially the perfect rum to make a mojito with and I recommend it. I don't mean to sound like I'm selling it, because I'm not, but it does make a really tasty drink. The best part is that this cocktail doesn't have too many ingredients and it's fairly simple to make. Below are my easy to follow step-by-step instructions on how to make the perfect Bacardi Mojito with white rum.
Stuff You'll Need
A mojito is a unique drink that requires a few unique tools to make it perfect. Below is a list of the stuff you'll need to acquire before you begin making your drink:
- A cutting board
- A knife
- Tall straw
- A Collins Glass. This is a tall, slender glass that a mojito is traditionally served in. If you don't have a Collins Glass any 10 to 14 oz glass will work.
- A Muddler. This is a common bartenders tool that looks like a small stick with a wide end. It is obviously used to muddle things, but if you don't know what that means it pretty much means to smash and mix. If you don't have a muddler you will need something to mash your mint with, perhaps you could use a handle to kitchen spoon, or the backside of a screw driver. Just be sure to wash the screw driver first and be careful.
- 8 Parts (40 ml) White Rum, Bacardi Superior
- 6 Parts (30 ml) Lime Juice, Fresh
- 6 Mint Leaves, Fresh
- 2 teaspoons Sugar, White Granulated
- Club Soda
Garnishing a Mojito
I would also recommend that you garnish your drink. I feel it gives a better first impression and makes it seem to taste better. It is always a good idea to garnish with the actual ingredients or the flavors that are in the drink. To garnish a Bacardi Mojito you should cut a spring of mint and slice a wedge of lime. Make a slit in the lime and place it on the side of the glass. Lastly, take your sprig of mint and gently place it on top of the glass so that it sits there. To finish it off stick a straw in the drink and you are ready to enjoy an ice cold mojito.
- First take your glass and place your mint leaves in the bottom. If you would like you can tear them in half. Then take your muddler and mash the mint leaves into the bottom of the glass. This helps release the flavors of the mint. If you don't do this your mojito will be a bland.
- Then take a few ice cubes and add them to the glass. Feel free to fill to the top or simply add a few cubes. Keep in mind the more ice you add the more diluted the drink will get. I recommend 3 larger cubes.
- Now drop your sugar into the glass. Hopefully it will start to dissolve in the drink with the ice. If you don't like the granulated sugar in your drink swap it out with 3 teaspoons of simple syrup (sugar and water mixture).
- Now start with your smallest amounts of liquid and work to your larger amounts. This means you should add your lime juice first, followed by your Bacardi White Rum, and lastly top the glass off with soda water.
- Pop a straw into the drink and give it a gentle stir. Don't stir too quickly or it may bubble over the glass.
- Lastly you can garnish the drink with mint and lime. Of course this is only optional, but I recommend it. Your guest will appreciate it and will be impressed.
|Serving size: 1 Glass|
|Calories from Fat||0|
|% Daily Value *|
|Carbohydrates 11 g||4%|
|Sugar 9 g|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|