Bacon Cheddar Wrapped Apples
This is a fun delicious recipe that can be an after school snack, game snacks, party hors d'oeuvres, or part of a meal! Easy to make and you can use low sodium bacon and low fat cheese to be a healthier recipe.
- 1 - 2 Granny Smith Apples, Slice into 16 slices
- 1 Tblsp Brown Sugar
- Dash Salt
- 1 can Pillsbury Crescent Dinner Rolls
- 8 slices Cheddar Cheese, Cut in half each
- 16 slices Precooked Bacon, Don't crisp it!
- Heat oven to 375°F. Line cookie sheet with nonstick foil, parchment paper or silicone baking mat. (Some cheese will melt out during baking so this will make cleanup easier.)
- In medium bowl, toss apple slices with brown sugar; sprinkle with salt.
- On cutting board, unroll dough; separate dough into 8 triangles. From center of longest side to opposite point, cut each triangle in half, making 16 triangles.
- Place 1 cheese slice on shortest side of each dough triangle; top each with 1 apple slice. Fold sides of dough triangle up slightly; wrap dough around apple and cheese. Wrap 1 bacon slice around outside of each dough roll-up, making sure ends of bacon are on bottom and slightly tucked in. Place on cookie sheet.
- Bake 12 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately remove from cookie sheet. Serve warm.