- Food and Cooking
Deviled Eggs with Bacon Recipe
Is there any more prevalent Southern party food than deviled eggs? I don't think so - and for good reason. They taste frickin' AWESOME!
This is my little tweak on a classic. Don't avoid trying the hot sauce thing - you'll be amazed at the flavor difference and lack of heat both. And all together the flavors are just out of this world. Bombshell in a small package. Yes it is.
- Six hardboiled eggs
- 2 Tbl mayonnaise
- 2 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 tsp fresh minced chives
- 2 tsp crisp cooked bacon, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tbl apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbl hot sauce
- 1 Tbl crisp cooked bacon, minced
- fresh chives, to garnish
- In the bowl of a mixer on medium speed, whip together the egg yolks, cream cheese, mayonnaise, chives, salt, pepper and bacon. Mix until smooth. Place mixture in a plastic bag.
- Cut the corner from the bag, and pipe filling into the egg whites. Using a spoon dipped in water, make a tiny well in the filling of each egg. Fill well with hot sauce. Top with a pinch of bacon, and couple of small strands of chives. All done!
Visit the Website!
- The Thrillbilly Gourmet
Applying classic technique to everyday food for spectacular results!