Baked Boneless Chicken Hot Wings Recipe (210 calories per Serving)
Just because you dieting does not mean you cannot have fun and delicious food! I love Buffalo wings—the hotter the better—but I do not like the result of the fried foods. I have cleaned up the recipe by substituting skinless chicken breast and baking rather than frying the wings. Replacing the traditional breading with egg whites and Panko further reduce he calorie count.
This makes a great main course with the addition of veggies or a great addition to the table on game day. When making this for my children I simply skip the hot sauce on some of the wings and they love the homemade chicken nuggets.
A couple variations worth considering are:
- Increasing the amount of breading because as this recipe, as outlined, the chicken will be lightly breaded.
- Choose alternate sauces, but if you are counting calories this can be a danger zone because the sauces can be full of calories since many wing sauces have a butter base.
- Add Italian seasoning and serve with marinara like a chicken parmigiana.
(Note--Calorie counts exclude celery, carrots, and low calorie ranch dressing in photograph)
- 1 lb Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast or Tenders, Cubed into bite sized pieces.
- 1 cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- 4 egg whites
- 3/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk or skim milk
- 1 tbsp Chili Powder
- 1 tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tbsp Onion Powder
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 2 tbsp Hot Sauce (Frank's Red Hot, or similar)
- Preheat the over to 400 degrees F then cut chicken into bit sized cubes.
- Wisk egg whites and coconut milk together to create egg wash. Place chicken cubes into egg wash and allow it to marinade for 10 minutes in the refrigerator.
- While the chicken marinades combine the dry ingrediants in a shallow dish or ziplock bag and mix well.
- Remove the chicken from the refrigerator and egg wash removing excess liquid and place the chicken into the seasoned panko bread crumbs. I recommend using your hands to avoid getting the chicken too dry when you transfer it from the eggs to the crumbs to allow the bread to stick. (Discard excess eggs and milk)
- Place the breaded chicken bites evenly onto a pan covered in lightly oiled aluminum foil and place into the oven for 15 minutes.
- After baking for 15 minutes remove the chicken bites and turn them to allow them to back evenly. Allow them to bake for another 15 minutes or until cooked though.
- Remove the chicken bites from the pan and place them into a bowl with the hot sauce and toss them to coat them. Use as much as you need to suit your tastes (approximatly 2 tbsp is a good place to start)
|Serving size: 4 oz.|
|Calories from Fat||27|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 3 g||5%|
|Saturated fat 1 g||5%|
|Unsaturated fat 1 g|
|Carbohydrates 11 g||4%|
|Sugar 1 g|
|Fiber 2 g||8%|
|Protein 33 g||66%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|