Baked Chicken and Rice Cooking with the Electric Power Pressure Cooker - Reviews
Chicken and Rice Recipe for Electric Power Pressure CookerClick thumbnail to view full-size
Chicken and Rice using an electric power cooker
Ingredients Chicken and Rice
- 2 to 4 Quartered Chicken
- 1/4 celery, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp lemon pepper
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 1/2 cup rice
- 2 cups water
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 6 peeled baby carrots
Safety Tips when cooking with the Power Pressure Cooker
- Always make sure the lid is locked
- Switch the release valve to to closed
- When the cooker is done, use a potholder or tongs to switch the release valve to open
- Keep hands and face away from the steam as it releases
- Unplug the cooker when done
- I know my dog likes to hover around when I am cooking --- Don't feed your pet any scraps that contain onions or chicken bones (smile)
- Refrigerate unused chicken portion as soon as possible
Chicken and Rice cooking instructions for the power pressure cooker
- Pour olive oil into the pot. Season and brown chicken quarters in Power Pressure Cooker XL. Press the Chicken/Meat Button. (brown each chicken quarter one at a time) Tip: For crispier chicken, place in conventional oven on Broil, and Broil for 10 minutes or until desired browning has taken place.
- Once the chicken has browned remove from the pressure cooker and set aside.
- Add 2 cups of water, celery, garlic, carrots, and uncooked rice (according to rice package for 2 servings) and simmer for 5 minutes. Pressure cooker must remain at the Chicken/Meat setting while sauteing.
- Place one or two of the browned chicken quarters in the power pressure cooker. Do not allow the chicken or the rice to go over the max cup setting located inside the inner pot. Season chicken with salt & lemon pepper and garnish with dried parsley.
- Press the Warm/Cancel button. Press the Soup/Stew button then press the cook time selector button until you reach 30 minutes.
- Once the timer reaches 0, the cooker will switch to keep warm. Switch the pressure release valve to open (using tongs or oven mitt). When steam is released remove lid and serve.
- Tip: Use rice package instructions for 2 servings of rice, to ensure moist rice results.
Cooking with the electric power pressure cooker
Cooking is easy with the electric power pressure cooker. This is a must-have appliance for every kitchen. Cooks nutritious meals in half the time of conventional cooking and uses less energy.
I remember my Mother cooking with the stove top pressure cooker and the whistling noise it made while it rocked on top of the stove was a scary sight, and if left unattended could spell disaster in the kitchen.
With this pressure cooker, you have 6 safety features!
- Lid safety device
- Pressure & Temperature Sensors
- Back-up Safety Release Valve
- Clog Resistant Feature
- Spring loaded pressure release
- Temperature cut off device
No more fear of the pressure cooker on the stove, you can cook in half the time and fewer dishes to wash-- clean up is easy, and the inner pot is dishwasher safe.
You can cook from frozen -- just allow an extra 10 minutes of cook time.
You can even use this pressure cooker as a slow cooker or a canner. Greatest product I ever purchased.
Below is one of my favorite chicken and rice recipes.
Electric Power Pressure Cooker
© 2014 Brigitte Thompson