- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes»
- Chicken Recipes
Baked barbecue chicken wings ~ with store bought honey barbecue sauce
Honey barbecue baked chicken wings
Chicken wings are a favorite in my home. Never knowing how to make them until recently, I used to buy them from fast-food restaurants when ordering pizza. I advanced my culinary skills when I found pre-made wings at the grocery store in the freezer aisle.
Soon it became uneconomical to purchase pre-made chicken wings, but I still wanted to offer for dinner what my family really enjoys.
I learned how to make chicken wings from raw chicken instead of buying pre-made at an extra cost. A package of raw chicken wings costs approximately $10 to feed a family of 4. When I go to the grocery store, I'm always on the lookout for meat sales and discount coupons. Just before the sold by date has expired, grocery stores mark down their meat. I often buy meat with $2 coupons. A tray of raw chicken wings will cost $8 compared to $11.99 or more for a less amount of pre-made.
Homemade barbecue sauce is always a nice touch. If you use your own recipe for barbecue, by all means use it here. I buy a honey flavored barbecue sauce for $1 a bottle and can't seem to make my own as inexpensively.
- 3 pounds chicken wings, whole
- 2, 18-ounce bottles Honey barbecue sauce, store bought
- Garlic salt & black ground pepper to taste
Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour
- Cut up chicken wings in to three parts.
- Use drums and legs sections only. Toss wing tips.
- Place chicken in 13 x 9 glass Pyrex baking dish.
- Season with garlic salt & pepper to taste.
- Add two bottles of honey barbecue sauce and mix thoroughly.
- Remove from oven after 1 hour and let cool before eating.