Great for the Daniel Fast
Are you looking for ways to eat healthier? Do love to bake? This recipe I came up with may be just for you to try.
It does require a bit of baking time (approx. 1 hour), so if you are a busy person, perhaps its best to try out on a lazy Saturday morning.
I found this to be helpful when on the Daniel Fast. If you have not heard about the Daniel Fast, you may read about that here.
Have fun preparing and baking, and perhaps learning a step in patience while waiting for it to cook. Enjoy!
- 1 cup gluten free whole grain oat flour
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
- 1 banana, diced
- 3 strawberries, diced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl. Stir until fully combined. Add water when mixing if necessary.
- Grease a 6 cup muffin pan with extra virgin olive oil. Divide the mixture into the 6 cups of the muffin pan.
- Bake in oven for 60 minutes or until done. (Depending on your oven, you may want to increase the temperature to 400 to decrease baking time).
- When finished, let cool 5-10 minutes. Sprinkle cinnamon and coconut flakes on top if desired.
- Makes 6 servings. Enjoy!