- Food and Cooking»
- Quick & Easy Recipes
Basic Pizza on Bread Recipe
Rate this Recipe
Easy to Make Bread Pizza Recipe
If you're short on time and want to make a memorable dish that everyone will love, try this interesting variation on the traditional pizza. You don’t need to purchase special ingredients for this recipe, the best part of making a bread pizza is that most likely you have all the ingredients at home. Bread pizza is a recipe that is perfect for a person who loves a thick crust pizza: If you prefer thin crispy pizzas and have pita bread lying around check out this recipe for pita pizza.
Basic bread pizza is very simple to make, in fact it’s so easy that kids can help with the preparation too. It also takes very little time to prepare and cooking time is no more than 5 minutes, making it a quick and easy meal. Another great thing about bread pizza, is that you can do almost any combination of ingredients. Depending on what your tastes are and what you have on hand, you can create a variety of dishes in little time. Adding different types of meats or cold cuts, vegetables, different cheeses and garnishes will all add to the flavour of your unique creation. You can even use different sauces on your pizza: for example you can try a traditional tomato pizza sauce, a pesto sauce or even try alfredo pasta sauce.
Have you ever made pizza on bread?
What did you think?
Pizza Topping Suggestions
Here is a list of some suggested vegetables that are perfect for topping your pizza:
- green peppers
- red peppers
- yellow peppers
You can also top your pizza with other ingredients such as:
- cold cuts
- ground beef
Pizza Topping Combinations
- Chicken Pizza: Chicken, red peppers, cheese and Alfredo sauce.
- Crostini Pizza: Pesto, sun dried tomatoes and bocconcini cheese.
- Spicy Pizza: Arugula, Chorizo cold cuts, with brie cheese.
- Traditional All Dressed Pizza: Cheese, tomato sauce, pepperoni, green peppers.
- Garlic Bread Pizza: Garlic, parsley and parmesan cheese.
- Lasagna Pizza: Meat sauce, meatballs, mushrooms, cheese and green onions.
- Vegetarian pizza: Shredded zucchini , eggplant, tomatoes and bocconcini cheese.
Basic Bread Pizza Recipe
Here is a simple bread pizza recipe, that you can make in 5 minutes.
- 1 small loaf of bread, sliced open
- 2 tablespoons Tomato sauce
- 1/2 Portobello mushroom
- 1/2 Yellow pepper
- 1/2 cup Shredded cheese
- Take a loaf of bread and slice it open: If you are using submarine bread or a baguette you can slice it diagonally, if you are using a loaf of bread such as french bread you can use individual slices for your pizza. Begin topping your pizza by adding the sauce first. Then add your meats, vegetables and other toppings. When slicing vegetables, makes sure that you slice the vegetables thinly; thicker vegetables will take too long to cook and will not be ready at the same time as your bread (Remember that since you are making pizza with bread there is no uncooked dough, this means that your pizza will not be in the oven for very long). Once you have placed the vegetables onto the bread, top it with cheese.
- Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for approximately 2.5 minutes. Then broil the recipe for 2.5 minutes or until the cheese starts to brown.