Basic Yellow Cake Recipe
Cake is easy to make from scratch. This basic yellow cake recipe is moist and light. It can be made in a variety of shapes and sizes and goes well with a the frosting of your choice.
If you do not have buttermilk on hand, simply add a teaspoon of lemon juice to 3/4 cups of milk and let it stand for 5 minutes.
Rate this recipe
- Baker's Joy
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 8 ounces sour cream, full or low fat
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- Coat the bottom of a pan with Baker's Joy.
- Using a standing mixer, blend butter and sour cream.
- Add sugar and vanilla and mix until well blended
- Add eggs and mix until blended.
- Combine flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Add flour mixture and buttermilk alternately, starting and ending with the flour mixture, until well blended.
- Pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool cake completely and remove from pan.
Other Cake Articles by this Author
- Decorating a Birthday Cake Like a Professional (Hubn...
Decorating a birthday cake at home can be quick and easy provided you have the right supplies and a little imagination. This articles describes the supplies and materials needed to create a beautiful, professional looking cake at home. It also gives
- Chocolate Mary Ann Pan Cake with Ganache and Raspber...
Making a chocolate cake from scratch is easy and can result in a decadent, beautiful dessert. When baked in a Mary Ann pan, this chocolate cake, topped with raspberries and whipped cream, is sure to impress.
- Butterfly Garden Cake: Step-by-Step Directions
This hub describes step-by-step instructions for decorating a butterfly garden cake for a child's birthday. This two-tiered, two-layered chocolate and vanilla cake incorporates cookies and candy to create a delightful three-dimensional cake. With a f
- Construction Site Cake: Step-by-Step Instructions
This hub describes step-by-step instructions for decorating a construction site cake for a child's birthday. With a few supplies, you can follow these easy instructions, and create a professional looking cake that will be a huge hit with the kids and
- Outerspace Moon Landing Cake: Step-by-Step Instructi...
This hub describes step-by-step instructions for decorating an outerspace moon cake for a child's birthday. With a few supplies, you can follow these easy instructions, and create a professional looking cake that will be a huge hit with the kids and