Basil/Cilantro Zucchini Soup
Smooth and delicious!
- 4 cups zucchini, chopped
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 small sweet onion, diced
- 3/4 cup fresh basil
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 3 cloves garlic, diced
- 1/2 table spoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons veggie base better than bullion
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 cups water
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 table spoons olive oil
- Mix 2 the table spoons of better than bouillon into the 2 cups of water. Set water mixture aside.
- Heat olive oil on medium setting. Add sweet onion. Saute for 2 minutes
- Add garlic and green onion to pan and saute another 3 minutes.
- Add zucchini, dry mustard, and water mixture to pan, cover and turn up heat til a slow boil occurs.
- Turn heat down and simmer covered for 10 - 15 minutes until zucchini is tender enough to fall off a fork when pierced.
- Pour mixture from pan into a blender. Add basil, cilantro and vinegar. Blend until smooth. (Hold top of blender to prevent steam from hot mixture from popping the top).
- Serve warm with a dollop of sour cream or yogurt.