Macaroni and Shrimp Salad
This is not one of my original recipes but it is one to which I have put my own flare for our family gatherings.
The original recipe called for a seasoning that I never use; and although the recipe only called for one cup of mayonnaise, I upped the mayonnaise and milk to make the recipe creamier. I also added Fresh Spinach Leaves for added flavor and color.
There is one additional change I will make though and test it out. I will be replacing the mayonnaise with Miracle Whip© to boost the flavor of the dish.
- 1 lb. Frozen Salad Shrimp, thawed and drained
- 1 lb. Pasta, I used Elbow Macaroni
- 1 medium Onion, chopped
- 4 stalks Celery, chopped
- Fresh Chives, chopped
- Fresh Baby Spinach Leaves, chopped
- 3-4 cups Mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoons Milk
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Defrost Shrimp by leaving in refrigerator for two days and then pouring into a colander for rinsing.
- Prepare Pasta using instruction on the box until tender. Pour into colander to drain and rinse.
- While pasta is cooking, chop onions, celery, chives and spinach and set aside.
- Pour pasta over chopped vegetables and mix thoroughly. Salt and Pepper to Taste.
- Add shrimp and mix through.
- Mix mayonnaise and milk. Whip until smooth and then pour over macaroni salad. Mix until all of the macaroni is covered and creamy.