- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes»
- Stew Recipes
How to Cook Beef Stew From Scratch
About Preparing Beef Stew
Beef Stew is a very popular international dish, which a lot of people gladly eat. Have u ever wondered, or tried to make it yourself? Beef stew isn't a dish that u can prepare fast and easy, so it's best to prepare it on weekends, when u have some spare time to spent on it. Although it requires a lot of time it ain't so complicated for even a beginner cooks to prepare it. All you have to do is to follow these simple instructions.
- Prep time: 20 min
- Cook time: 2 hours
- Ready in: 2 hours 20 min
- Yields: Serve it with mashed potato or with pasta.
Ingredients (for two persons)
- 300 grams Fresh Beef, Chopped into cubes
- 300 grams Onions, Choped
- 125 ml Tomato juice
- 2 tea spoons Ground red pepper
- 1 tea spoon Italian Parsley
- 1 tea spoon Basil
- 2 pieces Bay Leaf
- 5 spoons Sunflower oil
- Peel the onion and chop it finely. Fry onion at the pre-heated oil until it gets dark yellow.
- Add water and let it cook for about 20 more minutes on low heat.
- Meanwhile, cut the meat into cubes.
- When the onion is stewed, add red pepper, bay leaves and beef.
- Add the water, stir, add the parsley and let it simmer.
- If necessary, from time to time, add some water.
- Fifteen minutes before the stew is done, add the tomato juice.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- At the very least, add basil and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- And remember: The longer you cook the stew, tastier it gets!