Quick and Easy Beef Stew Recipe in a Pressure Cooker
Stew recipes are meant to be cooked slowly for at least a couple of hours because the least tender meats are usually used for cooking. If you have a busy lifestyle and want to be able to prepare a hearty beef stew dinner in less than an hour, it will be worthwhile to get a pressure cooker to do the job. With a pressure cooker, even the toughest meat will turn out tender and juicy, cooked to perfection in a shorter amount of time.
This beef stew recipe is so easy there is no need to pre-cook the meat or any of the ingredients. Just make sure you have all the ingredients listed below, put everything into the cooker and start cooking.
With two kilograms of meat and plenty of vegetables, it is best to have a cooker with a capacity of at least 6 litres. This beef stew recipe can be doubled if you are serving more people. It is more economical to prepare food in large quantity. First, buying meat in bulk definitely saves at least a few dollars per kilogram, especially if you get them from the fresh food markets and butchers. When you cook in bulk, you also spend less time in the kitchen and save on gas usage.
The stew is suitable for storing in containers in the freezer for future consumption. It is so convenient to have ready-cooked meals available at home when you have had a busy day. All you need to do is heat up the stew in the microwave oven and dinner will be ready in a couple of minutes. How easy is that!
Quick Beef Stew Recipe
- 2 kg chuck beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons garlic granules
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground basil
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 bay leaves
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper, sliced
- 4 large carrots
- 2 cups broad beans
- Cut the beef into chunks and put them neatly in the pressure cooker.
- Add in all the tomato paste, diced tomatoes, onion, garlic granules, ground ginger, ground nutmeg, ground coriander, bay leaves, basil, salt, ground pepper and sugar.
- Pour in the water and sprinkle over the apple cider vinegar. Set aside the carrots and broad beans for later.
- Different brands of pressure cookers work differently. If you have just bought a new pressure cooker, make sure you follow the manufacturer's instructions that came with your pressure cooker on how to use the pressure cooker safely. The suggested cooking time is just a guide but it should be enough to soften most tough meats. You can adjust the cooking time accordingly if required.
- After putting in all the ingredients described above, close the lid and cook on high heat to bring to pressure. Then lower the heat to medium and cook under pressure for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, turn off heat and allow the pressure to release naturally before opening the lid of the pot.
- Give the contents a stir and then add in the carrots and broad beans. Cook under pressure for another 2 minutes.
- Turn off heat and release the pressure before opening the lid.
- Serve beef stew with steamed pasta, rice, baked potatoes, noodles or bread.
Beef Stew Recipe in a Pressure Cooker
- Crispy Pork Rind Cracklings - Pork Chicharrón
Deep fried pork rind snacks.
- Roasted Pork Belly with Crispy Crackling Skin
Recipe for the perfect roasted pork belly with crispy cracklings.
- How To Use A Thermal Cooker - Everyday Recipes
Food only takes less than 20 minutes to cook on the stove and the thermal cooker will do the rest of the cooking. Information on how to use the thermal cooker with recipes for easy and hearty meals.
- How To Make Goat Meat Caldereta Recipe
Goat meat is easy to cook and taste really delicious and tender if the meat is cooked in the correct way. Here is an awesome goat meat caldereta recipe which has been a favourite dish in the family for many years.
- Quick Healthy Recipes with Soba
The quick and easy way to prepare delicious soba noodles with five ingredients or less.
- Pumpkin and Potato Lasagne Recipe
A mouth watering lasagne recipe layered with pumpkin, potato, pasta, meat and cheese.
- Meat Glue (Transglutaminase)
Some of us have not heard of meat glue until Today Tonight's broadcast showed us how small pieces of meat can be glued together to produce a big chunk of steak. At the ...
© 2012 lady rain