Beer Tasting: Founders All Day IPA
A Session Ale IPA brewed with malts, hops, and grains. Light to medium body perfect for the summer and fall time coming up. Medium bitterness that makes a well rounded beer for any occasion. Definitely a hop lovers beer, but can be enjoyed by all drinkers. Aroma of grapefruit, earth, grass, and hops. When tasting you can really taste the citrus flavors along with the hops, grains, and ale along with a tad sweetness.
Calories: 141 per bottle
Color: Pale Gold
I paired All Day IPA up with a spicy, jalapeno chipotle burger with chipotle BBQ bean chips as a side. The hops really helped to balance out the spicy hot flavor of the burger as well as refreshed after eating. Perfect combination especially for a cool fall day.
- 1 Sirloin Angus 90% fat free burger patty
- 1 2% cheddar cheese
- 1 50/50 organic mixed lettuce
- 1 Jalapeno
- 1 Bell pepper
- 1 Chipotle seasoning
- 1 Whole wheat buns
- 1 Beanitos bean chips
- 1 Cooking spray
- Spray cooking spray into skillet, set to medium heat, and place patty into skillet.
- Chopped Jalapeno into desired amount, press jalapeno slices into the patty. Cook patty on medium heat for 5 to 6 minutes while flipping patty every 30 seconds. Sprinkle chipotle seasoning on both sides of the patty while cooking.
- After 5 minutes turn down heat to level above low heat, continue flipping patty every 30 seconds for 10 to 15 minutes depending on how much you want the burger cooked. When finished turn the stove top off and place cheddar cheese on top of the patty while it is still hot.
- Slice bell peppers into 3 equal slices. Place buns into toaster and set to desired toasting level. When the buns are finished, set them on a plate, then get the bell pepper slices and place on bottom bun. Then grab 50/50 green mix and place on top of the bell pepper slices.
- Grab patty and set on top of the mix green on top of the bottom bun. Grab chips and enjoy!
Beer Tasting 101 with Michael Thacker
Definitely a wonderful beer especially this fall coming up. I really don't have any complaints in regards to the beer as the bitterness level was perfect while the sweetness was just right to help really balance out the flavor. I recommend picking up Founders All Day IPA at a store near you, test it yourself and try it with a nice spicy meal.