- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Best Ever Balsamic Vinaigrette
Rate My Recipe
This is my all time favorite balsamic vinegar recipe. I always have some on hand, and people frequently as me to make it or share the recipe with them. If you like balsamic vinaigrette, this will be your new favorite.
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 4 heaping tablespoons red onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 level teaspoon sugar, (Splenda can be used in place of sugar)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 cup olive oil
- In a blender, combine all ingredients except for the olive oil. Blend until no big chunks of onion are visible.
- Slowly add 1 cup of olive oil to the blended ingredients. Stir or shake together before serving, since dressing may separate while sitting.
My Favorite Way to Store Salad Dressing
The recipe above will pretty much fill up this Pampered Chef Measure Mix & Pour. I like to keep my balsamic vinaigrette in here because it is easy to mix the dressing together with the little plunger right before drizzling over my salad. I really love this little addition to my kitchen.
If you are looking for something a little bit cheaper, or you aren't a Pampered Chef fan, this is another good way to store your balsamic vinaigrette. You can shake up the contents just before serving to make sure that everything is mixed together well. Use caution when pouring thin salad dressings out of a wide-mouth jar like this because it can sometimes rush out quickly.