- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Best Quiche Lorraine Recipe
This is my favorite quiche recipe. We make this every Christmas, the kids even love it! I always add in more bacon and cheese then what is called for, but we love bacon and cheese!
Quiche is a great dish for anybody. You do not need to put bacon in it, you can add in ham, broccoli, turkey,.. almost anything.
Just remember to have fun while cooking, try not to make it a chore.
- 8 Slices Bacon
- 1 Cup Swiss Cheese, Shredded
- 1/3 Cup Onion, Finely Chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper
- 9 inch Pie Crust
- 4 Large Eggs
- 2 Cups Half and Half
- Preheat oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- Cut bacon into small pieces, then put bacon into frying pan over medium heat. Cook bacon until almost done. Remove bacon, but keep the bacon grease in the pan. Add finely chopped onion to bacon grease and saute' onion. Remove onion and discard grease.
- Next in a medium mixing bowl add bacon, onion, cheese, and flour. Mix together.
- In another medium mixing bowl mix together eggs, milk, salt, and pepper.
- Line the bottom of the pie crust with bacon and cheese mix, then pour the egg mix over that.
- Line the outer edge of the pie crust with a double layer of tin foil to prevent it from burning while cooking.
- Place pie crust with mixture onto a baking sheep and place it into the oven for 40-50 minutes or until done. You will know when the quiche is done when a tooth pick is inserted into the center and comes out clean.