Best Smoothie Recipes: Nutella, Avocado, Java, and more
The summer is known for being hot hot hot, but one of my favorite ways to cool off is with some delicious smoothies. All of these smoothies are tried and tested by yours truly, and these are my five favorites. They are absolutely delicious and totally one of a kind. All of these recipes serve 1, so just double or tripple as needed. All of them can use soy milk or skim milk instead of whole milk if you want to shave off around seventy callories. And of course, you could add whipped cream to all of them.
This smoothie is delicious and completely unique. I was given the recipe by a friend years ago and think it’s absolutely delicious and one of a kind.
- 8 ounces lemon yogurt
- 9 large strawberries
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- Put strawberries into a zip-lock bag and leave in the freezer for about an hour.
- Place all ingredients into the blender and blend! Again, obviously, wait until completely blended and drink up!
This delicious treat is absolutely amazing and isn’t too fattening since it uses low fat yogurt and skim milk.
- 1/4 cup Nutella
- 1 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 cup strawberries
- 1/2 cup bananas (sliced into 1 inch sections
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- Put vanilla yogurt, skim milk, and nutella in blender and blend for 1 minute or until smooth.
- Add in strawberries and bananas and blend until smooth. Enjoy!
Chocolate Banana Smoothie
This smoothie is an alternative to the Nutellanana. It has similar flavors, but isn't as decadent. The most popular and my personal favorite, all-together loved chocolate banana smoothie is super easy to make. It only take five minutes and is a great way to cool off in the summer heat.
- 1 banana
- 1 ½ tbsp chocolate syrup (my favorite is the Hersheys kind)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup crushed ice
- 1 tbsp chocolate shavings
- Put all ingredients except the shavings into blender and blend until they are thoroughly mixed and the liquid is all one color.
- Put into glasses and sprinkle shavings on top. Enjoy!
This smoothie is delicious and gives you an energy kick. No need to pay five dollars at Starbucks anymore, now you can have your own delicious Java drink from the confort of you kitchen.
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1 cup brewed coffee
- 6 scoops coffee ice cream
- 1 tbsp chocolate syrup
- 3 tbsp chocolate covered espresso beans (optional)
- 1 tsp rum (optional)
- Combine coffee, syrup, ice cream, half and half, and rum in the blender and blend until smooth.
- Add in espresso beans and blend again. Enjoy!
Healthy Avocado Smoothie
This smoothie is yummy and good for you! The avocado in it contains very healthy omega 3 fatty acids and tons of ifiber which help to kick-start your metabolism, plus it gives the smoothie a silky consistency unparalleled by any other. . Not only that, but this smoothie is made with honey not sugar, a much healthier alternative.
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 avocado, pitted (obviously)
- 1/4 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1 1/2 tbsp honey
- 4 ice cubes
Put all ingredients in blender and blend
If you liked this hub, check out some of these articles too.
- Strawberry Tofu Smoothie! Healthy and Yummy Smoothie
A delicious recipe that is rich in protein, low in calories, and fantastic in the summer.
- The Beach: Health Benefits of Going to the Shore: The All Natural Spa Experience
Exfoliate skin, heal wounds, reduce acne, increase smoothness, and reduce your risk of stroke and heart attack all by going to the beach. Learn how here.
- Tips for the Summer: Things You Might Not Know
We are right in the thick of summer, so there is no better time to catch up on some tips that everyone should know for the sunny days. 1. Get a Tan, But Be Safe A lot of people are under the impression that wearing sunscreen automatically means...