Best Vegan Country White Pepper Gravy
Country-style white gravy. Make it as peppery as you like.
You don't have to give up your favorite foods when you become vegan. This gravy is as good or better than the one my southern mom made when we were growing up. I am a biscuits-and-gravy connoisseur, having eaten the real deal almost daily when I was a kid.
- 4 T. Earth Balance vegan buttery sticks
- 4 T. unbleached flour
- 2 cups Oat milk
- 1 t. salt (or to taste)
- 1 t. black pepper (or to taste)
- Melt 4 T. Earth balance vegan buttery sticks in a small sauce pan until bubbly.
- When bubbly, slowly stir in flour, salt and pepper, whisking as you go to form a paste, for about 1 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat. Slowly whisk in oat milk, a little at a time. Stir constantly and until there are no lumps.
- Return pan to heat. Heat on medium-high, stirring constantly, until the mixture bubbles and thickens.
- Serve over vegan biscuits. Yum!
© 2017 Vanessa Janes