Black Bean Hummus
- 1/2 cup dried garbanzos beans
- 1/2 cup dried black beans
- 6 pitted black olives
- 1/4 red onion chopped
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Combine the dry beans in a large bowl. Add water until the beans are covered with three inches in water. Cover with plastic wrap and let the beans soak overnight in the fridge.
- In the morning, drain the beans and add to a large pot and cover with fresh water, three inches above beans.
- Bring beans to a boil then turn down to a simmer. Stir occasionally and cook the beans for about one hour. Drain when beans are soft.
- In a food processor, pulse all of the ingredients to a coarse paste. The thickness and coarseness of the hummus can be adjusted with adjustments to the water and/or processing.