- Food and Cooking
Black Eyed Peas Salsa Recipe
Black-eyed peas add great flavor to this awesome spicy salsa recipe. This low fat salsa is a breeze to make, and is sure to please any crowd. This recipe only takes about 15 minutes to prepare! To bring out the full flavor, you should chill your salsa in the refrigerator overnight, so be sure to prepare this recipe ahead of time.
Ingredients (makes 1 pint)
- 1 can (15 oz. size) black eyed peas
- 2 Habanero peppers; seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet pepper
- 2 green onions; sliced
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp cider vinegar
- 2 minced cloves of garlic
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- corn chips, tortilla chips, and/or crackers for dipping
- Rinse and drain the kidney beans.
- In a medium sized bowl combine the peas, habanero pepper, sweet pepper, green onions, vegetable oil, cider vinegar, garlic, and black pepper.
- Refrigerate overnight (covered).
- Serve this delicious Spicy Black-Eyed Peas Salsa with corn chips, tortilla chips, and/or crackers as desired.
- Fat Free Salsa Recipe - The Tomato Gardener
Whether your looking for a great dip to serve on game day, or just a way to utilize the abundance of tomatoes growing in the backyard, this fresh salsa recipe is sure to please!
- Dave's Famous Habanero Chili Dip Recipe
You haven't tasted great Habanero Chili Dip unless you've tried Dave's famous recipe. Okay, well it's not so famous yet, but one taste and you''ll be hooked. This recipe takes less than 30 minutes to make,...