- Food and Cooking
Blackberry Breakfast Smoothie
Any Berry Breakfast Smoothie.
I'm ashamed to admit that I have a big stack of paperwork sitting on my desk that needs to be done, yesterday. I hate paper work so I found a great job to do instead. Reorganize the fridge and freezer. To my great delight at the back of the top shelf I found a few more tubs of blackberries. Picked last summer, with my sidekicks (granddaughters). I had the best amazing crop of blackberries last year. Looking at them now, they are huge, big, round, juicy and so sweet. Yum.
As I haven't had breakfast yet, I thought one of my smoothies would sure hit the spot. And it did. So now I think I might want to share my recipe with you.
- 1 cup frozen blackberries ( any berries can be substituted)
- 1 cup buttermilk (plain yogurt can be used which is a bit more tangy tasting so you might need a bit more honey for sweetening)
- 1 cup of orange juice (unsweetened)
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup honey ( depending on the sweetness of your berries and your taste)
- 2 tablespoons of sunflower seeds (dry roasted)
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
Combine all ingredients in a blender and process until smooth. (if you want to drink your smoothie with a straw, other wise add the sunflowers at the end). Pour into two tall glasses (one for now and one for later). Enjoy.
Darn, that pile of papers is still sitting there. What can I come up with now, to do? Wash down the walls? Clean out the Garage,...which would take longer?...Hmmm