Blackberry and Pear Fruit Crisp
A quick and easy fruit crisp that is perfect for the hot summer months ahead, while fresh blackberries are ripening up. This recipe will call for canned pears because that is what I had on hand, but fresh pears can be used. However if you choose the fresh route, I would encourage skinning, coring and dicing the pears and then gently sautee them for five minutes in a teaspoon of sugar and 1/2 tsp. butter. Then follow the recipe as instructions as provided and I hope you enjoy! Any of the fruit can be replaced, rhubarb and strawberries go great together.
- 1 can pear in 100% juice, drained
- 1 8 oz. package (1cup) fresh blackberries, rinsed well
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 tsp mollasses
- 1 tsp butter, softened
- 1/3 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp powdered sugar
- Place small mixing bowl in freezer with whisk or electric mixer blades. Pour can of pears and then top with blackberries in baking dish.
- In a mixing bowl, add butter sugar and mollases together and blend until golden brown and crumbly. Top the fruit evenly and place in a 375 degree oven for 45 minutes or so. The juices will bubble and the crust will harden up.
- Using the bowl in the freezer, whisk up the cream with the powdered sugar until there are stiff peaks, set in refridgerator until crisp is finished.
- Best served warm and topped with the cold whipped cream.
|Serving size: 4|
|Calories from Fat||0|
|% Daily Value *|
|Carbohydrates 26 g||9%|
|Fiber 3 g||12%|
|Protein 2 g||4%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|