Blackened Fish Recipe
Your fish stick of nutritional info for this post
One fish--Two fish--All fish--Good fish! Excepting egg white protein, fish is one of the easiest proteins for your body to assimilate--you've only to compare the texture of its flesh to that of say, beef, to know that's true. There's a lot less chewin' involved so your tum-tum is doing less heavy lifting, too, making it a top choice for people with tum-tums everywhere.
The abundance of omega-3 fats reduces the level of triglycerides in the blood.(the stuff that can cause blood clots) and eating the finny fellows 2X weekly reduces the risk of cardiovascular disease by a respectable 30%.
Fish is naturally low in calories & fat, too, and the omegas benefit your skin, brain, nervous system and overall energy level. What's not to love!
- Two-Fish | Charron's Chatter
Click Two-Fish to read a humorous poem about the sign of the Fish
Recipe in Rebus
- 2-4 8oz. fish filets----, whitefish, catfish, or rockfish
- 1-2 TBSP. olive oil
- 2-4 TBSP. flour, optional
- 1 tsp. cayenne
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. thyme
- dash salt, to taste
How to Do It:
- This is our easiest dinner yet! Grab all the listed spices, and arrange them around a mixing bowl.
- Start adding. I move the spice bottle off the counter once I've added it, to make sure I don't unintentionally double-up.
- La-la-la-la. Still adding.
- Okay. Once all spices are in play, you can add a little flour to mellow the heat factor before applying the rub--or not! That's entirely up to your palate. (as you can see by the illustrative pictures, I DO add a little flour)
- Rub, rub, rub that into your fish of choice. Shake it. Press it. Dip it...however you want to apply this coating, just do it. Once coated, the fish should sit for a half an hour at least--for maximum absorption and adherence.
- Further, sometime in this interim, you can reapply some of the rub to make the coating extra black...
- Kay. Once the fish has chillaxed for a bit, heat some olive oil to sizzling on the stovetop.
- Cook for about 2 minutes each side, give or take.
- Plate & serve! Easy Peasy!