Blue Margarita Tequila Shots In A Lime Recipe
Blue Margarita Shots In A Lime
Well this by far is one of my favorite Cinco de mayo recipes in the world. Sometimes tequila shots or snake bites can push you over the edge. I wanted to create something fun; and a little lighter than straight tequila. I love blue margaritas ever since I had my first one at La Margarita in Fort Wayne, Indiana. So with my love for the beaches of Mexico I have inspired myself to create this lime shot recipe; I hope you enjoy and share it with your friends.
- 2 Limes, Cut in half and hollowed out
- 3 Ounces Patron Tequila
- 1 Ounce Blue Curacao
- 2 Ounces Sweet & Sour
- 2 Tablespoons Cane Sugar
Blue Margarita Lime Shots Instructions
- Cut the limes in half and then carefully hollow them out with a small solid spoon
- On the bottom of the lime carefully cut a small flat so that the lime can sit up
- Take a cocktail shaker full of ice and add the tequila, blue curacao and sweet and sour.
- Pour the cane sugar into a small bowl and rim the limes with the sugar
- Shake the Blue Margarita mixture and strain into the sugar rimmed limes
There You Have It, My Tequila Shots
The best way to make these are in a big cocktail shaker, you can double or triple the ingredients or add your own twist since it is a shot recipe. You can cut more limes if you are going to a party. I recommend hollowing out the limes and taking them separate, once you arrive at your get together you can mix up the blue margaritas on the rocks and strain them into the sugar or salt rimmed lime shot glasses. You can also reuse the limes and carve a small symbol or initial carefully into the lime front to identify. This is a great Cinco de mayo recipe. Please party carefully and designate a driver. Enjoy this blue margarita shot recipe and be sure to send me your comments.