This delicious dessert has blueberries, pineapple, and white cake mix along with pecans. If you really enjoy blueberries as I do, then you will enjoy this dessert. Summer time is a great time for making this since blueberries are in season and plump and juicy right now. Serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream. Maybe even both :)
- 1 20 oz can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 3 cups blueberries
- 1 cup white sugar, reserve 1/4 cup for the topping
- 1 box white cake mix, (can use yellow)
- 2 sticks butter or margarine
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- In a large bowl mix the blueberries, pineapple, and 3/4 cup sugar.
- Pour blueberry mixture into a greased casserole dish.
- Sprinkle the cake mix on top of the blueberry mixture.
- Cut the two sticks of butter into "pats" and place around the cake mix. Top with a sprinkling of 1/4 cup of sugar and pecans.
- Bake for about an hour at 350 degrees.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream and/or whipped cream. Yummy!