This is not a salad in the typical way you think of salads. It does not include noodles or vegetables. It is more of a delicious dessert than a typical side item. If you enjoy the combination of blueberries and cream cheese, which I do, then this is probably a dessert you will really enjoy. This is a great time of year for blueberry dishes, since blueberries are in abundance this time of year.
- 1 stick butter or margarine, melted
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 8oz block cream cheese
- 1 package whipped topping mix, dry (Dream Whip)
- 1 box graham crackers, crushed
- 1 can blueberry pie filling
- Crush the graham crackers in a large zip lock bag. Then pour them into a medium size bowl.
- Mix the graham cracker crumbs with the melted butter and press on the bottom and sides of the bowl. Reserve a little (about 1/4 cup) for the top.
- In another bowl, mix the softened cream cheese and sugar.
- In a small bowl, prepare the whipped topping as directed on the package. Add it to the cream cheese mixture and mix well.
- Put 1/2 of cream cheese mixture over the graham cracker crumbs. Then layer the blueberries and top with the remaining 1/2 of the cream cheese mixture. Sprinkle the top with remaining graham cracker crumbs.
- Chill until ready to serve. Absolutely spectacular dessert! Enjoy!