Breakfast Blueberry Buckle
New Family Favorite!
I made this delicious blueberry dish as a Mothers Day gift and it was such a hit my mom went back for thirds! I will definitely be adding this easy and decadent breakfast cake to my recipe book.
Rate my recipe!
- 1/4 Cup Butter or Margarine
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 2 Cups Fresh Blueberries, Washed
- The Following are Crumb Topping Ingredients
- 1/4 Cup Soft Butter
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1/3 Cup Flour
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- In a medium bowl sift together Flour, Baking Powder, and Salt. Set aside.
- Cream the 1/4 Cup of butter with an electric mixer.
- Add the Sugar and beat until light.
- Add the egg and beat well.
- Add the previously sifted dry ingredients alternately with the milk, beating until smooth.
- Fold in Berries.
- Pour into a greased pan. I used crisco and flour to grease a 9x2 inch round springform pan.
- Mix together the Crumb topping ingredients. Drop teaspoons of topping on cake and carefully spread over the top. Note: Original recipe said to "crumble" topping over cake. Mine was not crumble-y but more creamy. (Probably an error on my part but I liked the thin crunchy layer it added.)
- Bake in the oven at 375 for 35 minutes.
The possibilities are endless for this sweet, fruity dish. It's perfect for a Brunch, or afternoon 'catch up' with a friend, and I personally would love to receive this as a 'thinking of you' or 'get well soon' gift, wouldn't you? Don't forget to rate my recipe above and leave your comments below. Let me know if you try this, I would love to hear your feedback.