- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
What to Eat When You're Broke - Breaded Italian Drumsticks - Cheap Dinners
This is the second in my series of Budget Dinners.
Cooking for a family can be done cheaply without giving up taste. This Chicken only cost me $1.95 for almost 2 pounds. Not bad! It's an easy tasty meal that is easy on the budget! There are tons of meals that can be made with drumsticks. This is just one that I can get my picky toddler to eat.
Chicken is very versatile. There are so many things you can do to it, easily, that you can eat it often.
Drumsticks are one of my favorites in the chicken group. My children like things they can hold. It also eliminates me having to cut up food for my toddler.
- 6 Chicken Drumsticks, About 1 1/2 lbs
- 1 cup Italian dressing, Any type
- Sprinkle Season All, Or your favorite seasoning
- 1 cup Bread Crumbs, Whatever kind you have on hand
Italian dressing on Chicken
Italian Drumstick Cooking Instructions
- Preheat your oven to 375
- Put all your drumsticks in a dish.
- Pour Italian dressing over the chicken. Cover and marinade for 4 to 24 hours.
- The chicken should stll be moist from the Italian dressing. Coat your chicken in bread crumbs and place in clean oven safe dish.
- Cook for 30 to 45 minutes at 375 degrees. Chicken should have a temperature of 165. Avoid over cooking. Begin checking temp after 20 minutes.
- Drizzle Italian dressing over the chicken when done or you can serve it as is.
Other Chicken Marinade Options
Garlic, Basil, oil
Garlic and Tomato Sauce
Last minute meal?
Did you make this last minute? No time for marinade? Not a problem. Coating at the last minute will still work though it will lack a bit of extra flavor in the meat. At least try to let it sit for a few minutes.
Quick and Easy Bread Crumbs
If you don't have any bread crumbs on hand they are super easy to make. If you have flavored croutons you can just add those to blender or food processor. If however all you have is regular bread, simply toast it up and add it to the food processor or blender. In the chart below will be things you can add to it in order to create flavor. Remember not to over process your bread. You want it to still have a bit of texture to it.
Home Made Bread Crumb Seasoning Ideas