Scrambled Omelet with Crepes, Salami, and Avocado
There are many choices when it comes to deciding what to eat for breakfast. One of the most popular choices is, of course, eggs. There are so many ways to enjoy eggs for breakfast - poached, soft boiled, hard boiled, sunny-side up, over easy, scrambled, omelet. With so many choices, especially when it comes to omelets there is always something new and delicious you can whip up for breakfast.
I love omelets, salami, and crepes. One day I decided to combine them together and create a scrambled omelet, along with some other ingredients. The dish turned out so good that I wanted to share it with you. Below you will find my recipe, along with an ingredient list, step-by-step instructions, and relevant recipe photos. Enjoy!
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Avocado, (ripe)
- 5 slices Salami
- 2 Crepes, (large)
- handful cheese, (grated)
- handful dried cranberries, (whole)
- cooking oil
- Take two crepes and slice them into small square strips. Then cut the salami into strips.
- Wash a ripe avocado, cut into small pieces, place into a bowl and mash. Then crack two eggs into the mashed avocado and mix well. You can add a pinch of salt if desired.
- Add cooking oil (canola oil or other) to a skillet and once skillet is hot add the crepes and fry for 1-2 minutes over medium heat. Then add the salami to the skillet and fry for 1-2 minutes.
- Pour the avocado/egg mixture into the skillet with the crepes and salami and cook for about 3 minutes, turning the ingredients with a spatula.
- Add a handful of grated cheese and cook for 1-2 minutes, again turning everything with a spatula.
- When done cooking remove the omelet onto a plate and garnish with dried whole cranberries. Enjoy by itself or with a pickle on the side.
Below are the pictures for making the scrambled omelet with crepes, salami, avocado, cheese, and dried cranberries.
© 2012 Lena Kovadlo