- Food and Cooking»
- Breakfast Recipes
Breakfast Recipes: Apples with Blue Cheese
One day I wanted to eat something different for breakfast and after looking through the fridge I found some blue cheese and some apples, both of which I love a lot. I decided to mix those two together and ended up making something delicious.
This is one of the breakfast recipes that I will never get tired of eating. It is so good and very easy to make as well!
Of course just eating a bowl of diced apple with blue cheese will not fill you up 100% so you have to have something else after. You can think of this as a breakfast appetizer since fruits have to be eaten first anyway.
Now you don't have to eat this for breakfast. You can eat it any time of the day that you find yourself hungry or craving for a delicious snack.
Making this is so simple and so fast that even someone who is not a cook or doesn't enjoy cooking can still make this without any hassle. All the more reason to give this recipe a try.
- 1 Apple (Granny Smith, Crispin, Gala)
- Blue Cheese (or Gorgonzola Cheese)
- Dried Cranberries (Optional)
- Grapeseed Oil
- Wash a medium-sized apple - Granny Smith, Crispin, Gala, etc. - and peel off the skin. Cut the apple in half and remove the seeds and any part around the seeds that's sharp (if any). Then cut the apple into medium-sized cubes and place into a bowl.
- Take some blue cheese (or gorgonzola cheese) and cut it into tiny pieces. You can shred it too if you want. Then sprinkle the blue cheese on top of the diced apple.
- Finally, drizzle everything with grapeseed oil, stir and enjoy. You can add dried cranberries to the dish as well if you like.
Now if you are not a fan of blue cheese or gorgonzola cheese you can substitute it with feta cheese and the dish will still taste great. You can even combine the two cheeses together. Be creative...