- Food and Cooking»
- Breakfast Recipes
Breakfast Potatoes with Peppers and Onions
It was one of those exceptionally rare moments, where the house was peaceful, quiet and I was hungry! I'm not usually a breakfast person and as it was already hitting 10 am I guess you could call this brunch instead of breakfast! Sometimes when my husband cooks this he throws in sliced smoked sausage which is great too! But, I'm more of a vegetarian when it comes to breakfast. I would love to hear what you did or didn't do when you make your own Breakfast Potatoes with Peppers and Onions! Please leave a comment below so I can try it! Thanks and enjoy!
Breakfast Potatoes with Green Peppers and Onions.
- 5-6 per person Potatoes, Washed and sliced as uniform as possible.
- 1 Bell Pepper, Julienne cut
- 1 Yellow or White Onion, Julienne cut
- 4 - 5 Tbsp Olive or Canola Oil
- 1 Tbsp Garlic, Minced
- Adjust for Preference Salt, Kosher is great.
- Adjust for Preference Pepper
- Wash Potatoes and slice as uniformly as possible. Heat skillet on medium heat, pour enough oil to cover the bottom of the pan an go up about 1/8 of an inch.
- Once the oil has heated, place sliced potatoes into the skillet lining the bottom with a layer to brown. Place remaining potatoes on top of the layer and allow to cook for 15 minutes. Check the bottom layer for very crisp potato as each layer will only have one time to become crisp so make sure its to your favorite crispness.
- After achieving your crispness, flip the potatoes slices to allow a new section of potatoes to crisp. Cook an additional 15-20 minutes. Once the potatoes have begun to loose their color, it is time to add the onions and peppers. Scoop garlic into the mix and mix throughout the skillet.
- Once the peppers and onions have became soft (hurry stop before they are mush!) Add the salt and pepper and serve!
© 2015 Robin McMahon