- Food and Cooking
Quick and Easy Recipes: Pasta with Sausages and Tomato Sauce
Ok, this is a very easy recipe that's ready in less than 25 minutes and uses only 9 ingredients from your campervan store-cupboard. All you need is a pan to boil the pasta in; a sharp knife to chop the onion and garlic; a pan to fry the onion and garlic; and a cheese grater to finely grate the Parmesan. Oh, and maybe a colander would be handy to drain the pasta, but if your pan has a lid it's not totally necessary.
See my other Quick and Easy Recipes and my Guide to Cooking in a Campervan / Motorhome
- Cooking in a Campervan / Motorhome / Caravan
Helpful tips and info on planning and preparing meals when travelling in a campervan / motorhome or caravan.
- Quick and Easy Recipes: Spaghetti Bolognaise
- Quick and Easy Recipes: Cous Cous with Sausages ...
- Quick and Easy Recipes: Pasta with Tuna and Tomat...
- Quick and Easy Recipes: Spaghetti Carbonara
- 4 Sausages
- 200g Fusili Pasta
- 450g tin Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 Onion (chopped)
- 2 Cloves Garlic (chopped)
- A splash Red Wine
- 1 Cube Beef Stock
- 1 squirt Tomato Ketchup
- A handful Parmesan
- Bring a pan of water to the boil and boil the spaghetti for 10 minutes until cooked. Add salt if required. When cooked, leave to stand in the hot water.
- Heat the oil over a medium heat and fry the onions and sausages gently until the sausages are browned on all sides. Carefully slice the sausages into roughly 1cm chunks and add in the chopped garlic. .Fry for a further 5 minutes.
- Add in the chopped tomatoes, beef stock, ketchup and red wine (note: if you have any sugar, add 1 teaspoon to bring out the flavour of the tomatoes). Cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Drain the pasta and stir into the hot pan. Cook for a further 2 minutes and then stir in half of the grated parmesan.
- Serve and and sprinkle over the remaining parmesan.
And there you have a simple, tasty pasta meal that makes a simple meal to prepare in the home and is an ideal meal idea to use when camping. All you need is a camping stove, a couple of pans and some cutlery. Give it a go next time you go camping. Bon appetite!
Check out my hub about cooking in a campervan here.