- Food and Cooking»
- World Cuisines»
- East Asian Cuisine
Korean Marinated Beef Recipe
I learned to make bulgogi from a professional chef while living in South Korea. Bulgogi is a traditional Korean recipe that can be found in various forms from McDonalds to high end restaurants. It is delicious and simple to make once you've acquired all the ingredients.
It can be served in traditional form with many side dishes such as steamed rice, pickled radish, kimchi or sprout salad. You could also serve it in more of a western tradition with salad and potatoes or rice. Pan fry it on the stove or cook it out on the grill for an authentic Korean dish that everyone is sure to love.
- 4 OZ thin sliced beef, (Sirloin or rib eye)
- 1/2 Cup mushrooms
- 1/2 Cup onion
- 1/4 Cup Spring onion
- 1 Tbs Soy sauce
- 1/2 Tbs Sugar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp chopped garlic
- 1tsp chopped spring onion
- 1/4 Cup Asian pear or Pineapple, ( to tenderize beef)
- sesame seeds
Can't find sesame oil at your grocer?
A little goes a long way with sesame oil, a key ingredient in a lot of Asian cooking.
- Thinly slice onions and spring onions. Slice or puree pineapple/pear. Mince garlic.
- Mix all ingredients by hand in a bowl and cover. Leave beef to marinate in refrigerator for 20 minutes to overnight.
- Cook over medium high heat on stove or grill until meat is the desired level of done.