- Food and Cooking
Burgers Topped with Vegetables and Avocados
This is a rich combination of beef and vegetables. With the garnish of avocado and feta cheese it even looks gourmet! The steps are simple, making this a dish that anyone can create. My husband especially loves this dish. The first time I made it for him we were still just dating! It makes a reappearance on our dinner table now as a married couple, and it's still a win. Enjoy!
Start off with a skillet turned on medium. Add in just a bit of olive oil, minced garlic, and finely chopped onions. Let them simmer for several minutes, only stirring them occasionally in order to brown them.
While the onions are browning, put your ground beef into a mixing bowl and add in salt, pepper, and any other seasonings. I also like to add in just a touch of feta cheese. Mix it all together so the seasonings and feta will be mixed into the burgers themselves.
Then shape the meat into burgers and put them on the skillet with the onions. The onions will start to simmer into the meat, giving it extra flavor.
While the burgers are browning, prep the zucchini and carrots. Slice the zucchini into fourths and the carrot into slices.
Once the burgers are finished, remove them from the skillet and put the vegetables into the same skillet the burgers cooked in. As with the burgers, only stir the vegetables occasionally in order to brown them.
While the vegetables are cooking, remove the seed and skin from the avocado and slice it into small squares. Spray (or use a pastry brush) the avocado with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Put in the oven at 400 degrees F for about 7 minutes, then turn the oven up to broil for 2 additional minutes.
Once everything is finished, place the burger in a dish, top it with a serving of vegetables.
Lastly, garnish it with the toasted avocado and feta cheese.
Serve and enjoy!
- 1/3 lb Ground Beef, uncooked
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 1/4 Onion, chopped
- Olive Oil
- 2 Medium Zucchini, sliced and cut into fourths
- Feta Cheese, crumbled
- 1 Medium Carrot
- 1 Avocado
- Seasonings (salt, pepper, seasoned salt)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Then, pour olive oil in a skillet to brown garlic and onions.
- Take ground beef, mix it with seasonings and feta cheese (if desired) in a mixing bowl. Once the ingredients are well mixed, shape the meat into patties and place them over the onions in the skillet. Cook until done.
- Slice the zucchini into 1/4" fourths and the carrots into about 1/4" pieces. Remove the cooked burgers from the skillet and cook the vegetables in the same pan. Stir only occasionally in order to brown.
- Remove the seed and skin from the avocado and cut it into small squares. Brush lightly with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Cook on a small cooking sheet in the oven. Turn the oven onto the broil setting and let the avocado broil for an additional 2 minutes. Keep an eye on it in order not to burn it.
- Now that all of the food is finished cooking, place one burger in a dish, scoop vegetables on top of it, and garnish it with the avocado and feta cheese (if desired).