- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes
Cadbury Creme Eggs Homemade
The highlight of many kids' Easter baskets is a wonderful, foil-wrapped Cadbury Creme Egg, and my personal favorite candy. I have bought hundreds of Cadbury Creme Egg’s though out the years, for myself and for my kids. Now I make them all year around.
- 1/2 C light corn syrup
- 8 Tbsp Butter, Room temp
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 3 c powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp yellow food coloring
- 1 c milk chocolate chips
- 1 c bittersweet chocolate chips
- Cream together the corn syrup, butter, salt and vanilla. Add powdered sugar and beat until mixed
- Separate the filling into two bowl whites and yolks. Add the yellow food coloring to the bowl for yolk. Chill both bowls for 30 minutes.
- Make little balls out of the yellow mixture. Place them on some parchment. Put them in the freezer to firm up.
- When the yolks are firm, you can start wrapping them in the whites. take a small amount of white filling and make it into a circle. Place the yellow ball inside, and wrap the white around it. place back in to the fridge.
- Melt both kinds of chocolate in a double boiler. skewer the fillings and dip them in the chocolate. Like a cake pop
- After the chocolate is set, dip them again to get that rich chocolaty shell
- Let set and enjoy. You can also use a egg shape candy mold if you would like
What Is Your Favorite Easter Candy?
Recipes using Cream Eggs
- What The Fork Are You Cooking: Cadbury Cream Cookie Cups
These Cookies are so good, and a good way to use your home made cadbury cream eggs