- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Cajun Pot Roast with Maque Choux
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 8 hours 10 min
Ready in: 8 hours 20 min
Yields: 6 Servings
- 2 to 2 1/2 lb boneless beef chuck roast
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 box (9 oz) frozen whole kernel corn
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper sauce
- Rub entire surface of beef roast with Cajun seasoning. In 3 1/2- to 4-quart slow cooker, place roast. Top with frozen corn, onion and bell pepper.
- In small bowl, mix tomatoes, pepper and pepper sauce. Pour over vegetables and roast.
- Cover; cook on Low heat setting 8 to 10 hours.
- To serve, cut roast into slices. Using a slotted spoon, remove corn mixture and serve with roast.
|Serving size: 1 serving |
|Calories ||310 |
|Calories from Fat||144|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 16 g||25%|
|Saturated fat 6 g||30%|
|Carbohydrates 12 g||4%|
|Sugar 4 g|
|Fiber 2 g||8%|
|Protein 27 g||54%|
|Cholesterol 80 mg||27%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change
depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been
professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|