Campfire Burgers (Indoor Recipe)
I cook these burgers indoors in the oven. They could be cooked on the grill too, although it would take much longer. I love hamburgers prepared many different ways. These make deciding what to prepare with it easy as, your side items are prepared right along with your burgers. These hamburgers are wrapped in a foil packet along with potatoes and onions. Mushrooms can be added too if you are a mushroom lover like I am. The burgers can be enjoyed on a bun and the flavorful potatoes and onions are excellent additions to create a full meal.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 4 medium potatoes, sliced thin
- 2 medium onions, sliced thin
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tsp minced garlic, in a jar works well, or fresh
- to taste salt
- to taste pepper
- In a large mixing bowl, mix hamburger meat with garlic, salt, and pepper. Form into four burgers.
- Place each hamburger on a sheet of aluminum foil approximately 12 inches long.
- Slice one potato and one-half an onion up on top of each hamburger. Add fresh or canned mushroom slices too if you wish.
- Add 1/2 tbsp butter or margarine to each burger packet.
- Wrap up tightly and place in a baking pan.
- Cook at 400 degrees for approximately 30 - 35 minutes or until burgers are no longer pink and potatoes are soft.
- Drain the excess liquid off the burgers packets. Serve the burger with a bun if you like and use the other items as your sides. Enjoy with your favorite burger toppings.