Carrot Banana Sandwich
This is the recipe for a healthy and nutritious carrot and raw banana sandwich. The recipe also uses egg, black pepper and garlic mayonnaise. Very little oil has been used here and the use of butter is optional. The filling given here can be used to make about eight triangular sandwiches. One can even prepare the filling at night and store it in the refrigerator to be used on the next morning. The amount of garlic mayonnaise mentioned in the recipe can be increased according to one's taste and preferences.
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1 raw banana, grated
- 2-3 green chillies, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic mayonnaise
- 1 egg
- 1or 2 tablespoon oil
- A pinch or as required black pepper, powdered
- as required salt
- 2-3 tablespoon butter, melted
- Blend the grated carrots and raw banana in the mixer grinder. Don't add water or anything while grinding.
- Heat some oil in the pan.
- Add chopped green chillies to the oil in pan
- Add the grinded carrot and raw banana mix to the pan.
- Let it cook. You can also cover it with a lid for it to cook fast.
- Add salt and mix well.
- Add the egg and mix well.
- Switch off the flame.
- Add black pepper.
- Add garlic flavoured mayonnaise and mix well.
- Spread this on the bread slices.
- Heat dosa tawa or any pan.
- Brush the outer sides of the bread with some butter.
- Place the sandwiches on the pan and turn sides for both the outer buttered sides to brown a bit.
Nutrients in the ingredients used:
Potassium, magnesium, copper, manganese, fibre, Vitamin C, Vitamin B6
Vitamin A, Protein, Sodium, Potassium
Thiamin, Niacin, Vitamin B6, folate, manganese, dietary fibre, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, Potassium
Vitamin B6, Vitamin A, iron, copper, potassium, protei
Vitamin D, Vitamin B6, iron, cobalamin, calcium, vitamin A, sodium, potassium,
Vitamin A, Calcium, Vitamin D, Cobalamin, protein
Vitamin A, Calcium, Iron, Vitamin B6, Magnesium, Protein, Dietary fibre, Potassium
© 2019 Lincy Francis