How to make Cauliflower or Gobi Manchurian South Indian Style Recipe
Gobi or Cauliflower Manchurian is an Indian starter which is more spicy and delicious. It will be your favorite snacks and you can enjoy this hot spicy dish all-time .This is one of the South Indian Madras style of preparing Cauliflower Manchurian. This is a home made dish. Try it and enjoy it.
- 1 kg Cauliflower
- 3 tsp Ginger garlic paste
- 5 tsp Red chilli powder
- 5 tsp Garam masala powder
- 5 tsp Salt
- 50 gms Rice flour
- 20 gms Corn flour
- 250 ml Refined oil
- 2 tsp Lemon juice
- 1 big Onion, chopped
- 2 Tomatoes, chopped
- 1 Capsicum, chopped
- Wash the Cauliflower thoroughly and cut them in to pieces.
- Take a pan, place it on the flame and add water appropriately. Boil the water and add 1 tsp of salt in it (adding salt & boiling cauliflower is to kill the germs if any).
- Put the pieces of cauliflower in the boiling water and close the lid for the cauliflower to get boiled. Leave as it is for 15 minutes.
- When you find the flower semi-cooked, drain the water from it and put the flower pieces in a separate bowl.
- For preparing the masala, take a separate wet bowl and put 50 gms of Rice flour, 20gms of Corn flour,3 tsp of Ginger-garlic paste, 3 tsp of Red chilli powder, 3 tsp of Garam masala powder, 2 tsp of Salt, 2 tsp lemon juice and mix well .Pour a very little water to the ingredients and make them as a paste.
- Now put the semi-cooked cauliflower pieces in the masala paste and mix well. Leave it to dry for 30 minutes.
- Take a frying pan and place it on the flame. Pour ¼ litre oil in pan and heat well.
- Now carefully put the masala mixed cauliflower pieces one by one in the hot oil and fry the flowers.
- When the cauliflowers get golden brown, place them separately in a dry plate. Similarly fry each and every piece.
- Place a dry pan on the flame. Pour 2 tsp of oil in pan. After oil gets heated, put the chopped onion and fry till onion becomes golden brown.
- Then add 1/2 of chopped Onion, Tomatoes, Capsicum, 2 tsp of tomato sauce, 2 tsp of red chilli powder, 2 tsp of salt, and 2 tsp of garam masala powder in the pan.
- Boil the ingredients for 10 minutes and smash them thoroughly.
- Now put the fried cauliflowers in the pan and stir well and leave as it is for 5 minutes.
- Finally shift the dish in to a serving vessel and garnish them with chopped onions & Coriander (however I have not garnished).
- Your cauliflower Manchurian is now ready to taste.
- Note:Salt and Red chilli powder can be added more or less depending on your interest.