Cauliflower Parmesean "Bread Sticks"
- 1 large head of cauliflower
- 1 cheese cloth
- 1 pasture raised, organic chicken egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup raw shredded cheese, I used mild white cheddar
- 1 tbsp shredded parmesean (raw cheese)
- 1 tbsp grass fed, organic butter
- 1/4 tsp dried organo
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp dried parsley
- 1/8 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- fresh herbs to top the bread sticks
- 1 tbsp shredded Parmesan to top the bread sticks
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and place parchment paper in a loaf pan.
- In a food processor or blender, chop the cauliflower until it is in small pieces, but not close to being pureed.
- Steam cook the cauliflower in a pan with a lid.
- led the cauliflower cool and place it in cheese cloth. Strain all water out. This is a laborious task, but be sure to get out as much water as you possibly can, otherwise your bread sticks will end up mushy. Set aside
- In a bowl add the beaten egg, raw cheese, Parmesan, oregano, bails, parsley, thyme, salt, and pepper. Stir, just until mixed.
- Add the cauliflower "dough" to the mixture. Stir until well combined.
- Place the dough into the loaf pan with parchment paper. Cook for 25-30 minutes, until the top starts to brown.
- Remove it from the oven and pull out the parchment paper, removing the bread sticks from the pan. Place new parchment paper on a baking sheet. Flip your loaf over so what was the bottom of the loaf is now the top. Add Parmesan and herbs. Cook for an additional 10-15 minutes, until Parmesan is melted.
- Remove and let cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving, stays next day as well and can easily be re-heated in a toaster oven or regular oven.
© 2016 Healthy Habits