How to make Chilli Gobi 65 South Indian Tamilnadu Style Recipe
Chilli Gobi 65
Cauliflower chilli is an Indian starter which is more spicy and delicious. It will be your kid’s favourite snacks and you can enjoy this hot spicy dish in your winter .This is one of the South Indian Madras style of preparing Cauliflower Chilli. Taste it and enjoy it.
- 1 kg Cauliflower
- 2 tsp Ginger garlic paste
- 3 tsp Red chilli powder
- 3 tsp Garam masala powder
- 4 tsp Salt
- 50gms Rice flour
- 20gms Corn flour
- ¼ litre Refined or cooking oil
- 2 tsp Lemon juice
- 1 Onion, (garnishing)
- Wash the Cauliflower thoroughly and cut them in to pieces.
- Take a pan, place it on the flame and fill water. Boil the water and add 2 tsp of salt in it.
- Now put the pieces of cauliflower in the boiling water and close the lid for the cauliflower to get boiled. Leave as it is for 10 minutes.
- When you find it semi-cooked, remove the pan; drain the water and put the pieces in a separate bowl.
- Now for preparing the masala; take a separate wet bowl and put 50 gms of Rice flour, 20gms of Corn flour, 2 tsp of Ginger-garlic paste, 3 tsp of Red chilli powder, 3 tsp of Garam masala powder, 2 tsp Salt, 2 tsp lemon juice and mix well. Pour a very little water to make it as a paste.
- Now put the semi cooked cauliflower pieces in the masala paste and mix well. Leave as it is for 30 minutes, so that masala gets settled in cauliflower.
- Take a frying pan and place it on the flame. Pour ¼ litre oil in pan and heat well.
- Now carefully put the masala-mixed cauliflower pieces one by one in the hot oil and fry it.
- When the Cauliflower gets golden brown, place them separately in a dry plate. Similarly fry every piece.
- Now for garnishing cut onion in to round pieces and place them in the side of the dish. Finally a spicy cauliflower chilli is ready to serve.
- When this dish garnished along with sliced Green chilli, its also called Chill Gobi in some of the regions of India.
- Note: You can serve the dish along with Tomato sauce or Coriander sauce