- Food and Cooking
Celtic Cooking /Blackberry Pudding
This recipe comes from the Isle of Man. I found it in the Oatlands Celtic Festival Recipe Book my mother gave to me. For those who don't know what or where the Isle of man is. It is a self-governing British Crown Dependent island located in the Irish Sea between the islands of Great Britain and Ireland.
Blackberry Pudding Ingredients
- 1 1/2 lb. fresh blackberries, washed and stalks removed
- 10 oz. Devon (double) cream
- 2 oz. confectioners sugar
- 12 blackberries, reserve for garnish
Making your Pudding
- Wash and remove the stalks from the blackberries. Drain them well. Reserve 12 of the berries for the decoration. Whisk the confectioners sugar with the double Devon cream until thick. Gently fold in the berries. Spoon your mixture into individual serving, Garnish with the remaining fruit and chill before serving.
It's that easy and it's fantastic! You don't have to heat up you kitchen on those hot summer days for this refreshing dessert. I think I'm going to go make some right know!
Would you like more Celtic cooking recipes?
© 2015 Michele Flores