- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes
Chocolate Banana Pudding Pie Recipe
Use Your Favorite Type of Pudding
Looking for an inexpensive dessert to make? Pudding pies are not only inexpensive and delicious, but there are so many different ways you can make them. Everyone from children to adults enjoy pudding.
Pudding pies are quick to make with very little preparation.
If you need a last minute dessert for unexpected dinner guests or to take along for a family picnic why not make a pudding pie.
The following recipe is for a chocolate banana peanut butter pudding pie, topped with raspberries. The peanut butter is in the crust.
Ingredients For the Crust
- 1/4 cup of white sugar
- 1/3 cup of either creamy or crunchy peanut butter
- 1 - 1/2 cups of graham cracker crumbs
Graham Cracker Crust
- If you are using graham crackers rather than the prepackaged crumbs you will need twelve whole crackers. These can be either ground up in a food processor or put into a plastic bag and rolled with a rolling pin.
- You may wish to use a store bought graham cracker crust and omit the peanut butter flavor.
- To make a plain graham cracker crust use butter in place of the peanut butter.
Instructions For the Pie Crust
- Melt 1/3 cup of peanut butter in the microwave or on top of the stove until it is a runny consistency. Preheat over to 350°F.
- Mix the graham cracker crumbs along with 1/4 cup of sugar, and then add in the peanut butter. Blend until mixture is that of a coarse meal.
- Butter a 9 or 10 inch pie plate. Press the pie crust mixture into the bottom and up the sides of the pie plate. Pop in the oven for ten minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
Ingredients for Pie Filling
- 4 cups of milk
- 1 box of instant chocolate pudding
- 1 box of instant banana pudding
- 1 banana
- 1/8 cup of frozen or fresh raspberries
Instructions for Chocolate Banana Pie Filling
- With an electric hand mixer blend and mix the banana pudding with 2 cups of cold milk. Pour into the pie crust.
- Slice banana and place on top of the banana pudding.
- Mix and blend with an electric hand mixer the chocolate pudding with 2 cups of cold milk. Pour over the top of the bananas.
- Top with raspberries and refrigerate until ready to serve.
How cheap was this pudding pie to make?
2 boxes of pudding mix
4 cups of milk
graham cracker crumbs
Other Pudding Pie Ideas
For Canada Day: Vanilla pudding topped with sliced strawberries.
Fourth of July: Vanilla pudding topped with sliced strawberries and blueberries.
Butterscotch and chocolate pudding pie. Between the layers lay chocolate or butterscotch chips. Top with whipped cream.
Pistachio pudding pie. Start by putting pistachios (shelled of course) on top of the crust and then pour a double batch of pecan pudding on top.
There are so many different varieties and ways to make pudding pie. You can get quite creative and impress your family or guests. Experiment and have fun.