- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Cheater's Chicken Marsala
Do you love the flavor Marsala sauce adds to your chicken dishes? I do, but I hadn't had consistent success with making the sauce. I've found the answer. This is how I make Marsala sauce now whether I'm in a time crunch or not. I call it Cheater's Chicken Marsala. It's quick, easy, and delicious.
- 2 pounds chicken, cut into stew size pieces
- 1 large onion
- 1 pound mushrooms, sliced
- 4 packets brown gravy mix
- 1/2 cup Marsala wine
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 16 ounces wide egg noodles
- salt and pepper to taste
- Before you start, fill a pot with water for the noodles.
- Brown chicken in a non-stick skillet. Add a little oil, or water if you're trying for less fat.
- When Chicken is browned add sliced onions and mushrooms.
- Add noodles to boiling water.
- In a separate bowl mix 4 packets of gravy and replace one half cup of water with 1/2 cup Marsala wine.
- Remove excess liquid released from mushrooms, then add gravy mixture and cook until thickened.
- Drain noodles.
- Serve over bed of hot noodles.