Cheddar Biscuit Drops
I found this recipe among the other old recipes in my grandmas cupboard. I was very excited to find it because it reminds me of the biscuits you get at Red Lobster.
- 2 1/2 Cups Bisquick baking mix
- 3/4 Cups Milk
- 1/4 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Stick -4 Tablespoons Butter
- 1/2 to 1 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
Mix 2 tablespoons of melted butter, a pinch of dried parsley, a pinch of garlic powder, and finally a pinch of salt. Once biscuits are out of the oven, use a brush to brush this over the top of each biscuit.
Be generous with each biscuit.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Combine Bisquick with butter in a medium bowl using a pastry cutter or a large fork. You don't want to mix too thoroughly. There should be small chunks of butter in there that are about the size of peas. Add cheddar cheese, milk, and ¼ teaspoon garlic. Mix by hand until combined, but don't over mix.
- Drop approximately ¼-cup portions of the dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet using an ice cream scoop or spoon
- Bake fo 15-17 minutes or until golden brown. Remve from oven and brush with the topping. Enjoy!
© 2013 Dannell