Cherry Cheese-Cake Pie
Simple and Delicious!
This recipe has been in my family for quite a long time. I do not know where it originated but I do know that it is a family favorite!
We call it a cheesecake pie, because it tastes like cheesecake but looks like pie.
I have made both a regular version and a "lite" version and both taste very good!
The flavor can be varied by using different pie fillings or fresh fruits as toppings.
My personal favorite toppings are cherry pie filling or fresh raspberries in season.
I hope you enjoy this easy to make culinary delight as much as I do!
- 2--8 oz packages Cream Cheese, (regular or lite)
- 2/3 Cup Sugar
- 1 Cup-8oz Sour Cream, regular or lite--( or Yogurt-plain or fruit filled)
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 8 oz. Container Whipped Topping, ( like Cool Whip--regular or lite)
- 10 oz. (large) Graham Cracker Crust, (bought or made)
- Canned or Fresh Fruit Topping
Enjoy a Slice!
- With mixer cream together room temperature cream cheese and sugar. Add sugar in small amounts and beat until mixture is creamy. Fold in sour cream (or yogurt), vanilla and whipped topping.
- Pour into graham cracker pie crust. Top with fruit or pie filling. Refrigerate for at least one hour before serving. Keep left overs refrigerated.