- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes»
- Chicken Recipes
Cheesy Chicken Potato Bake Recipe
Cheesy Chicken Potato Bake
Cheesy Chicken Potato Bake
This dish has been sent to me by my American friend Mrs. Laura Head. She is not only a wonderful human being but also a very good cook. This is her first try at blogging and she has been gracious enough to let me publish her first blog which I am honoured to publish. Cheesy chicken potato bake as she calls this dish is one of her specialty and definitely loved not only by adults but also by children. Very easy to make and hardly take any time. The ingredients are very easy to find all over the world in a store nearby you or online. So the recipe in her words is as below.
This recipe I made when my daughter had some friends sleeping over the night in my home. Since the kids know me for a long time now so I decided to make Cheesy Chicken Potato bake as it has always been their favorite and like always it was finished in no time.
1. Chicken Breasts Boneless: 2 pounds or 1 Kg.
2. Large Potatoes: 5
3. Onion: 1 Medium.
4. Vegetable or Olive oil: 3 Tbsp.
5. Garlic Powder: To taste.
6. Cheddar Cheese: 8 pounds or 4 Kg. Shredded.
7. Bacon Crumbles ( Freshly cooked if possible): 1 cup.
8. Pepper: To Taste.
9. Salt : To taste.
10. Sour Cream : To serve on side.
1. Pre heat oven to 425 F.
2. Now cut the chicken breasts in to cubes.
3. Wash potatoes and peel them. Now dice them.
4. Dice the onion.
5. Take a large bowl and place the diced potatoes in it.
6. Add 2 Tbsp of oil, salt, pepper and garlic powder in the bowl.
7. Mix well and keep aside for 30 minutes.
8. Now place the potatoes in a large non stick baking dish and put the dish in oven.
9. Bake for 45 minutes, turning every 15 minutes so 3 times in all.
10. While the potatoes are being baked , take a pan.
11. Put 1 Tbsp of oil in it and heat.
12. When oil is heated sauté diced onion in it till they are soft and clear.
13. take onion out and set aside.
14. In the pan add 2 Tbsp of oil and heat it.
15. Add chicken pieces and cook on medium.
16. Cook till the chicken is thoroughly cooked. If you feel you need more oil then add 1 tbsp of oil more.
17. Now take out the potatoes from the oven ( after 45 minutes) and add onion in it and stir.
18 . Now reduce oven temperature to 400F.
19. Now add chicken, cheese and Bacon crumbles to potatoes.
20. Bake for about 5 minutes or until cheese melts.
21. Take it out on a serving dish.
22. Serve with sour cream.
I am sure everyone would like it. Please do give your valueable suggestion on how you liked it and if anything can be done to improve it. Your comments or suggestions are highly valued and sought after.