- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Cheesy Rice and Broccoli Casserole
Prep time: 30 min
Cook time: 30 min
Ready in: 1 hour
Yields: Serves 6 people
- 3 cups uncooked rice, quick cooking rice
- 2 pgks broccoli in cheese sauce, cooked
- 8 oz bag shredded cheddar cheese, Divided
- 2 (10oz cans) cream of mushroom soup
- 1 1/2 cups milk, Use on of the soup cans to measure.
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lb ground beef, if using
- Pre-heat oven to 350. Follow the instructions for the rice as well as for the broccoli. While those are cooking, in a large bowl mix the soup, 3/4 package of cheese, milk, salt and pepper. Once the rice is done cooking add the it to the sauce mixture. Stir well. Add the broccoli and cheese sauce. Taste for seasonings. Transfer to a casserole dish and cook for about 15 minutes. Top with remaining cheese and cook until cheese is melted and bubbly. Let cool for about 5 minutes.