- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes»
- Pies & Tarts
Cherry Cheesecake Pie with No Roll Out Pastry Crust
Cherry Cheese Cake Pie with No Roll Out Pastry Crust
If you want to make a pie to impress someone or just for any reason at all, but never made anything but a graham cracker crust because you are afraid to attempt a pastry crust, there is way of making a pie with pastry crust without having to roll it out. If you just can't get the hang of making a pastry crust or simply don't like making it but want it, this is the perfect recipe for you. It's simple and you can make it in no time at all. The top has to be a crumb crust, not rolled out.
You can make any kind of pie you like, I happened to make this one a cherry cheese cake pie. I will give you the recipe for making just one crust or two crusts in case you want to make a fruit pie and put a top crust on it. Hope you try it, I think you'll like it.
- Just like all crust, keep the ingredients, except the flour, cold. That helps to make the crust flaky and not heavy.
- Let pies sit at least 1 to 2 hours before serving to make t easier to cut.
- If you don't have a mixer, you can use a pastry blender to coming all the ingredients except the water. When you see the crust looks like fine particles then add the water and mix with a fork.
- Cracks may appear on the bottom due to the fact that it's a tender crust, bot don't be concerned, just fill as you wish.
- You could also use blueberry pie filling or whatever you like
Photos of Cherry Cheesecake Pie with No Roll Pastry Crust
For Two Crusts
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Crisco, cold
- 1/4 cup butter, cold and in pieces
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Follow same instructions as for a one crust pie.
- Press 2 cups of crumb mixture in the 9" pie pan and save the rest for the topping.
Ingredients for crust and filling
- FOR CRUST: For One Pie
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup Crisco, cold
- 2 tablespoons butter, cold and cut up in pieces
- 1 tablespoon water, cold
- FOR FILLING: For One Pie
- 8 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup light cream or half and half
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 can Cherry Pie Filling
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Beat all the ingredients until the particles are fine. Don't leave any large pieces of butter or shortening.
- Press the crumb mixture evenly and firmly over the bottom and sides of a 9" pie pan.
- Cream, the cream cheese and sugar; blend in cream, eggs and lemon juice. Pour into unbaked pie shell
- Bake at 450 for 10 minutes, then at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes.