- Food and Cooking»
- Quick & Easy Recipes»
- Quick & Easy Dinners
Chicken Picatta Recipe
Vote for Chicken Picatta Recipe!
Recipe in Rebus:
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 15 min
Ready in: 30 min
Yields: Serves 2
- 1 lb. chicken breast, boneless is nice
- ½ cup NS chicken stock
- ½ - ¾ cup white wine, dry is best
- 4-5 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup capers
- ¼ - ½ cup flour
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2 eggs, cage free & free range is best
- to taste fresh ground pepper
How to Do It:
- Peel and mince garlic cloves. Set aside.
- On different cutting board, lay flat a piece of plastic wrap. Place chicken breasts atop this, and cover with another sheet of wrap. You now have have a sandwich with plastic as "bread".
- Pound the chicken with meat mallet until it's nice and thin. Start in the middle, and work your way out to ensure you don't damage integrity of filet.
- Dredge chicken in flour, pressing the flour into the meat.
- Fork beat 2 eggs to a wash.
- Grab all of this and head over to the stove. Heat oil/butter mix to sizzling over medium heat.
- Set up an assembly line style work station as follows. Chicken--> Egg Wash --> Pan of sizzling oil/butter. Dip floured chicken into egg wash, really coating them, and place into pan.
- Cook @ 2 minutes either side. Remove and set aside.
- Melt a pat of butter in this pan to add to the drippings and fend...
- When melted, add garlic and cook until just sizzling.
- Add NS chicken stock.
- Add wine.
- Add capers. Cook about 5 minutes.
- Return chicken pieces to the sauce.
- Coat well. Serve atop rice or noodles, and add a side salad, and you are sitting pretty. ;)
Tuck into a rice "bed", add a salad, and have at it!